Thursday, January 31, 2013

How not to become a Hipster.

          I feel out of place. I am not an extreme introvert that can go around to people and immediately not be awkward like some some people can. I also cant be an introvert that wants to talk about idiotic things and manga all day like others can. I almost went down that path in my elementary career: the Asian persuasion where Japanese comics and shows are ALL that you talk about to with your friends and be infatuated with Asian culture. Although I do enjoy watching Naruto sometimes, that is definitely not me.

          On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have those girls that want to be fooled around with by guys, and those guys that want to talk about the laborious parts of a bike and sports. If you don't do any of these things, it won't work out to well. I much rather prefer to go and have fun with people that wont judge the things that you like or don't like. People that will get high and fucked up with me that will say the words bitch and nigga and shit that just want to chill and not take anything too seriously. That is what in my life right now and i feel like this need is not adequately being fulfilled at the moments.

          People become passively defensive about things that they don't necessarily like. Sure they can be nice about it all they want and be "cool" with it but they fail to embrace all of someone which is why they start to tolerate you, not your friend. "Why can't we all just be friends?" sounds like something a hippie stoner from the seventies would say but i feel like it is true. My school has become so divided... well that and they are probably the non-embracers that I expect. I am not saying that all kids from other schools embrace everything that comes at them because they most definitely are not but that kids from other schools, even some from my own school do meet some of my expectations but for the most part don't.

          I feel like the people that I am trying to explain is are those that society recognizes as hipster. Let me be clear about what my definition of hipster is. First, the word hipster is and will only be a lifestyle that society would like to obtain but can't therefore calls those who can. People who want to be hipsters and emulate them in their being are labeled as hipsters because they are the closest to reaching the unobtainable goal of actually being a hipster. The reason that it is unattainable is because they are trying to get there. The keyword here is trying, trying to become something that can't be obtained. The minute that you try to become hipster you most certainly are not.

           I have been talking about this "goal" but have not really explained what it is yet. Well it is to have a good sense of style that is something that you wear to satisfy you. It has to be something cohesive in an acceptable way. That may sound like i am contradicting myself and implying that you are dressing for other people but if wearing fishnets, chaps, and a Hawaiian shirt truly makes you happy, you're mentality is probably borderline psyche ward patient and sad old person that want to be young again. If you want to dress hipster, you have to dress by mixing style and age.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment